Saturday, June 30, 2012

Busy Busy Busy


This past month has been pretty busy with training, racing and working.  I haven't had much time to sit and write up a post.  I've written bits and pieces but haven't had time to finish it.  This past month i've done a couple of WORS races where I won age group in both of them and took 23rd and 24th overall.  I felt great during each race but everyone else was also feeling good I guess.  I've also done a couple of TOAD races.  I've raced Cat 2/3 and have gotten dropped in both races.  The first race some guy takes out 2 people around the first turn, up the first hill, on the first lap and almost took me out.  This put me about 5-10 seconds behind the field and it was impossible to catch back on.  In the second race, again some guy goes down and takes out 3-4 riders in the first mile and almost took me out.  I got back on the back of the pack but with a nasty cross wind, it was really hard to move up.  I was riding at my limit and popped.  I ended up doing 4 of the 5 10 mile loops because on the 4th lap I broke my rear derailleur cable.  Now today I'm racing at Downer classic and hopefully I will be able to hang with the group. I'm still going strong and keeping focused on the months ahead.  Can't wait till august when I get to see my grandparents and teammates.  It feels so far away but it will be here before I know it.  See all you guys soon.  Here are some pictures from the past races

 



No comments:

Post a Comment