Monday, August 27, 2012

Hard Times

This past race was in Suamico WI, which is just north of Green Bay.  It was a fast course for the pre ride but a little dusty.  I hoped that we could get a little rain to help it out but instead we got a lot of rain.  The course didn't turn to muddy as it was mainly all sand. For as much rain as we got it made the course tacky and just that much more fun.  I didn't have my best race of the year, I took 25th overall and 2nd in age group.  I decided to represent Ripon for the race because I have moved in and this was the official 1st race on the calendar for us.  For as much fun as I had not many people felt this same way.  The had to re-route the course because a ground hive got stirred up and many people got stung more than once. Thankfully my dad did not get stung as he is allergic to bee stings, but he did take a stick to the face and got a nice cut on his upper lip. Another tragic accident occurred that I don't feel comfortable writing about as I don't really know Rob.  For the best write up read Travis's page. Now I'm back in Ripon waiting for breakfast.  I forgot how hungry you get after a race.   

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking you and the other members of your team should get CPR training. You never know it might be needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you racing the Ramble? A friend of mine also raced it and had a good time, although she & her husband pulled out Sunday morning.

    So sad to hear about the racer... Terribly unfortunate. :(

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete