Friday, October 18, 2013

Nationals Prep

With only a week to go till Nationals the thoughts and expectations, of this week, are already pulsing through me. These next couple of days just need to be over so we, the Ripon Red Hawks, can get on the road to North Carolina. Even though I have spent the better part of the year racing and preparing for each race I do, it all comes down to this, the last one, at least for this MTB season. I've thought about this race and what is going to happen now numerous times. I've been doing my homework, on the other teams, to see what they will have to bring to the table. I have been slowly packing and going over my bike since the middle of the week. I guess you might think I'm kind of crazy for doing all this stuff so early, but this is what keeps me up at night. It's comforting to know that I have everything ready to go ahead of time, so last minute all I have to do is put my stuff in the car and go. Not worry about anything just enjoy the ride and have the time of my life. I have also been really focused these past couple of weeks. Really just making sure that I keep on eye on my body and making sure that I don't get sick or hurt. Being in school it is really easy to get sick from someone. I've kind of turned into a germaphobe making sure to keep my hands clean and my body free from illness. I have some expectations for this race but I'm going to be happy knowing it was my best. Make sure to check back because I'll probably have another post a couple days before the race with more thoughts and some pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment